INTENSIVE SUMMER COURSE OF ARMENIAN LANGUAGE AND CULTURE
Covid-19 pandemic has radically changed our lifestyle. We hope, however, that things will improve. With this hope we try to organize the Summer Intensive Course of Armenian language and culture for August 2021. If it will not be possible to achieve our ambition, we will provide immediate information and evaluate to organize it, if possible, online.
The 35th edition of the Summer Course of Armenian Language and Culture organized by the Association “Padus-Araxes” will take place from August 2nd to 17th. Examinations on August 17th.
ARRIVALS: August 1st (check-in). DEPARTURES: August 18th (check-out)
Application deadline: June 15th.
To apply, please fill in the application form that you find on our website: www.padus-araxes.com/SummerCourse/ApplicationForm. Applications must be submitted PERSONALLY and BY WRITTEN giving a PHONE number (of mobile also, if available) and an E-MAIL address.
Age limit: at least 18 years old (exceptions should be submitted to the Director of the Course).
Lesson Schedule: Four basic levels from the Absolute beginners’ to the Advanced; 65 hours of classroom-taught lessons spanned from Monday to Saturday, in the morning. ATTENDANCE IS COMPULSORY.
FREE AFTER-CLASS cultural and recreationalactivities (NOT COMPULSORY) complete the lessons:
- guided tours of the Mechitarist monastery of San Lazzaro, and of the ancient Armenian neighbourhood of Venice;
- participation on Sundays in the Divine Liturgy in Armenian rite in the Medieval Armenian church of the Holy Cross, and on the feast of Assumption at the Monastery of San Lazzaro, followed by the Blessing of the grapes;
- lectures on Armenian subjects, held by well-known specialists (the program will be available in Spring). Free courses of DUDUK and ARMENIAN DANCE will also be offered in the afternoons.
TUITION FEE: 850 € (including 65 hours of lessons spanned on 13 days; didactical material – except for the lessons of duduk – and tutorship; examination certificate).
The applicant is required to send 600 € as a registration fee WITHIN MARCH 15th. After this date, till JUNE 30th the amount to pay for registration is 850 €. The registration fee must be sent by bank transfer, or an internationally accepted cheque to the following address. The total amount will be settled, if by bank transfer, latest till July 15th. Otherwise, ON THE ARRIVAL DAY in one of the main Western currencies, or by an international cheque. This is an ABSOLUTELY BASIC CONDITION FOR ACCESS TO THE LODGEMENT and to follow the Course. Money once paid WILL NOT BE REFUNDED, except for ASCERTAINED ILLNESS OR HINDRANCE DUE TO CORONAVIRUS. Those who have attended the course for at least two summers with a positive result in the final exam, have a 10% reduction, that is also applied to their close relatives (parents, siblings, husband, wife) as well.
Please, contact the Secretary (email@example.com) to get the Association’s BANK DETAILS for the transfer, or the address where to send the cheque. ALL bank expenses WILL BE CHARGED to the applicant.
LODGING FEE (from August 1st to August 18th, 17 nights):
- 650€ per person in double room *
- 900€ for a single room *
* (services include: private bathroom, kitchenette, AC, WI-FI connection, bed linen and towels, hairdryer, city tax) The city tax in Venice is mandatory since 2011 and applied to all guests. Lodgings facilities cash it on behalf of the municipality.
The association provides accommodation, at the above said conditions, for 17 nights, from August 1st-17th included. The students have to arrange any overnight outside this period by themselves. If lodging is not needed, please let us know it as soon as possible.
- MEALS. Please notice that rooms have a KITCHENETTE AVAILABLE.
- CARTA UNICA VENEZIA (pass required for discounted transport). N.B.: an one-way ticket costs 7.50€ per person, with Carta Unica it costs only 1.50€)
For further INFORMATION, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and in cc to email@example.com. For urgent information, call on Tuesday and Friday mornings from 10.30am to 1.00pm (ITALIAN TIME) at the mobile phone +39.3791330687. BE SURE to take into consideration the time difference to your own country. In case of no reply, send a message with your NAME and PHONE NUMBER possibly reachable by WhatsApp. You will be called back.
The Association does not assume any liability for mistakes or printing errors.